Thursday 9 April 2015

Progress

So I have finally started on a serious architecture project. The first house you saw in the last post ended up being more for learning and playing around. I was not super satisfied with the direction that it was going in, so I decided to start fresh and with a new idea in mind.



This is a very basic outline of the top floor of a house. As I see it now, it would have a kitchen, a dining area, a small couch area, and a bathroom. I am a huge fan of using natural light as much as possible, hence the large windows on both sides. I will also probably put some skylights in the roof. I'm not super happy with the way these windows are laid out at the moment and I will probably change it some. There will also probably be some windows in the empty brick underneath the curve of the roof.

The first floor, which I have not designed yet, will most likely be a combination of a mudroom, an entertainment area, an exercise room, and possibly a mini-kitchen/bar setup.

Adjacent to the right side of the building above will be the garage. On top of the garage I will probably put 2-3 bedrooms. The master bedroom will most likely be to the left and behind of this current building.

This may be the second floor of the house, but from certain angles it most likely won't look like it is. I  plan to have most of the first floor buried, so that only the front door and a walkout basement in the back will be shown. The master bedroom will also have dirt built up underneath it, so that it will be at the same height as the current building.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the direction your project is taking, Rhys. This design step is a big leap forward in the process. Based on your described plans, I can see the value of your test house as a learning tool.

    I love the idea of the natural light and the flow of the roof line.

    ReplyDelete