Sunday 7 June 2015

Changing Goals

I didn't really state it in my opening comments post, but I had intended to design a house and an interior for that house. I have almost finished the exterior of the house, and I am mostly satisfied with it. But the interior of the house isn't finished, and as I started working on that I realized that I really didn't do a good job of space management. The exterior looks good, but the interior is inefficient and difficult to work with. Because of that, I am probably going to finish up the exterior of the house and then make a separate project to do some interior designing. The two projects won't be connected at all, and the second project will not have an exterior component connected to it.


I've finished the structural parts, all that is left to do is finalize the window, column, and sweep placement. (Sweeps are the stone textured rectangles around the edges of the building).

This project is quickly coming to a close, by the end of the week I will be presenting. By then I hope to have this exterior project finished and a modern style master bedroom finished as well.

2 comments:

  1. How much would it cost to make me one in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ton of money. All that glass would cost a fortune and the roofs would probably have to be built custom. Also the house is fairly large and since the interior isn't really efficient you need a lot of space for things to feel right. I just did a look through some Winnipeg properties to get an idea of prices, and I'm guessing that this house might be worth around 700-800K (perhaps more or less depending on the property size and location) assuming it is in new condition when sold.

    ReplyDelete